Change of Ownership

Listed below are common situations resulting in either change of ownership or change to the owner status and the documentation required to effect the change. 

All changes must be submitted in writing and mailed to:

Triangle USA Petroleum Corporation
Attn: Owner Relations Department
1200 17th Street, Suite 2500
Denver, CO  80202

If you have further questions, please contact the Owner Relations Department at or 303.260.6067.

Name or Address Change  
Address change Submit change request in writing with your signature
Individual name change due to marriage, divorce, etc. Marriage certificate, divorce decree reinstating name change or other documents affecting name change
Company or corporation name change Certificate of name change including tax ID
Company or corporation name change due to a merger Certificate of merger including tax ID
Appointment of attorney-in-fact Copy of power of attorney
Sale of Ownership Interest  
Sale of an interest Conveyance filed of record in the county/parish in which the property is located
Ownership Change Due to Divorce  
Ownership change due to divorce Complete divorce decree including settlement agreement, recorded conveyances
Estate Proceedings  
Owner died with a Will (testate) and probate proceedings are to be conducted in the state where the property is located Death Certificate
Order Admitting Will to Probate
Letters Testamentary Last Will and Testament
Evidence debts and taxes have been paid
Final Decree of Distribution or Judgment of Possession
Owner died with a Will (testate) and probate proceedings are to be conducted in a state other than the state where the property is located All the documents listed directly above, plus documentation of ancillary probate proceedings opened in all affected states
Owner died without a Will (intestate) (Laws of Descent and Distribution will apply as relevant) Death Certificate
Letters of Administration
Joint Tenancy and One Tenant Dies Death certificate of joint tenant
Life Estate and Life Tenant Dies Death certificate of life tenant
Names and addresses of remaindermen
Trust or Partnership Changes  
Trust or partnership is created Trust or partnership agreement and recorded document conveying the interest in a property to a trust partnership
Trust or partnership is terminated Dissolution of trust or partnership and, if appropriate, recorded conveyances to beneficiary
Changes in trustee Instrument whereby the successor was appointed
Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 Plan of reorganization
Order confirming the plan of reorganization
Order naming trustee of bankruptcy estate
Chapter 7 Contact Triangle to discuss required documentation
  • All changes of ownership must be filed of record in the County/Parish where the property is located.
  • Address changes cannot be handled by telephone. A written request is required.
  • Retain your check detail for future reference.